Children with Disabilities
Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education Websites
Resources for Families and Staff
ASQ Online http://asq.uoregon.edu
· Ages and Stages screening tool online for parents.
Autism Speaks www.autismspeaks.org
· Autism science and advocacy organization.
Children’s Disabilities Information www.childrensdisabilities.info
· Articles and resources empowering parents of children with disabilities and special needs.
Disability Rights Oregon www.disabilityrightsoregon.org
· Oregon’s Protection & Advocacy System.
Division for Early Childhood www.dec-sped.org
· Information regarding inclusion, responsiveness to family cultures, values, and languages.
FACT- Family and Community Together www.factoregon.org
· Offers peer-delivered family support. Dedicated to having programming be by families for families.
Head Start Center for Inclusion www.depts.washington.edu/hscenter
· Provides Head Start teaching staff with opportunities to learn innovative and research-based practices to improve their work with children who have disabilities.
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act http://idea.ed.gov
· Resources related to IDEA and its implementing regulations.
o Part B (ages 3-21)
o Part C (ages birth-2)
Kids Together, Inc. www.kidstogether.org
· Information and resources for children and adults with disabilities.
Multnomah County Developmental Disabilities http://web.multco.us/dd
Multnomah Early Childhood Program- MECP www.ddouglas.k12.or.us (click departments, then Multnomah Early Childhood)
· Provides early intervention and early childhood special education services for children who qualify in Multnomah County.
National Center for Learning Disabilities www.ncld.org
· Information to improve the lives of all individuals with learning disabilities.
Northwest Down Syndrome Association www.nwdsa.org
· Parent driven family support network for people with disabilities, including Down Syndrome.
Oregon Department of Education (ODE) www.ode.state.or.us
· Lead agency in the state for early intervention and early childhood special education. Information about policy and practice related to the IDEA, plus resources for parents and families.
United Cerebral Palsy of Oregon and SW Washington www.ucpaorwa.org
· Offers individualized supports, information, and advocacy for people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities and their families.
Legal Resources for Special Needs
|Copyright © 2018 Mt. Hood Community College Head Start. All Rights Reserved.|
|| Login | Email to admin | Website builder — uCoz | MHCC Head Start Mission. “Increasing the success of children & families by building on strengths” ||