Children with Disabilities
Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education Websites
Resources for Families and Staff
ASQ Online http://asq.uoregon.edu
· Ages and Stages screening tool online for parents.
Autism Speaks www.autismspeaks.org
· Autism science and advocacy organization.
Children’s Disabilities Information www.childrensdisabilities.info
· Articles and resources empowering parents of children with disabilities and special needs.
Disability Rights Oregon www.disabilityrightsoregon.org
· Oregon’s Protection & Advocacy System.
Division for Early Childhood www.dec-sped.org
· Information regarding inclusion, responsiveness to family cultures, values, and languages.
FACT- Family and Community Together www.factoregon.org
· Offers peer-delivered family support. Dedicated to having programming be by families for families.
Head Start Center for Inclusion www.depts.washington.edu/hscenter
· Provides Head Start teaching staff with opportunities to learn innovative and research-based practices to improve their work with children who have disabilities.
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act http://idea.ed.gov
· Resources related to IDEA and its implementing regulations.
o Part B (ages 3-21)
o Part C (ages birth-2)
Kids Together, Inc. www.kidstogether.org
· Information and resources for children and adults with disabilities.
Multnomah County Developmental Disabilities http://web.multco.us/dd
Multnomah Early Childhood Program- MECP www.ddouglas.k12.or.us (click departments, then Multnomah Early Childhood)
· Provides early intervention and early childhood special education services for children who qualify in Multnomah County.
National Center for Learning Disabilities www.ncld.org
· Information to improve the lives of all individuals with learning disabilities.
Northwest Down Syndrome Association www.nwdsa.org
· Parent driven family support network for people with disabilities, including Down Syndrome.
Oregon Department of Education (ODE) www.ode.state.or.us
· Lead agency in the state for early intervention and early childhood special education. Information about policy and practice related to the IDEA, plus resources for parents and families.
RISE- Creating Opportunities For & With People www.riseservicesinc.org/oregon-cat/child-family-services
· Rise Oregon Family Services provides a full spectrum of supports for children and families.
United Cerebral Palsy of Oregon and SW Washington www.ucpaorwa.org
· Offers individualized supports, information, and advocacy for people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities and their families.
|Copyright © 2017 Mt. Hood Community College Head Start. All Rights Reserved.|
|| Login | Email to admin | Website builder — uCoz | MHCC Head Start Mission. “Increasing the success of children & families by building on strengths” ||