Mt. Hood Community College Head Start and Early Head Start serves low-income families with young children who live East Multnomah County, in the Parkrose, David Douglas, Centennial, Gresham-Barlow, Reynolds and Corbett school districts. Special programs are available for working parents and parents who are students at Mt. Hood Community College. The Families or individuals who are eligible:
- Are pregnant or have children under 5 years old by September 1st and
- Receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP), or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, or
- Are houseless or experiencing housing instability, or
- Have an income below the federal poverty guidelines, or
- Have a child in foster care
Further eligibility requirements apply to the Full-Day Child Care and Student Program. To qualify, families must also be working and receiving a child care subsidy or be a full time MHCC student.
If you are interested in our program and would like to receive child care services for your children, please fill out the pre-application form. We will contact you soon to finalize your application.
If you are working with a family who you would like us to contact to complete an application, please fill out our referral form and we will be in touch soon.
Not sure which school district do you live in? Go to Portland Maps, search your address and find out what district you are in!
If you are not in East Multnomah County, find the head start program for your area here: