|MHCC Head Start 10100 NE Prescott St. Portland, OR 97220|
Publications, Parent Bulletin and more
Our Feelings Book
Everyone has feelings.
- Sometimes they feel good and sometimes they don’t. It is important to tell people how you are feeling.
- Sad Triste Here are some feelings that people have sometimes.
- What makes you feel happy? Happy Alegre
- Everybody feels mad sometimes. What can you do to calm down when you feel mad? Mad Enojado
- It is okay to feel scared. Telling someone you trust like your parents or teacher can make you feel better. Scared Asustado
- Kids feel proud when they do something really great, like write their name or build something with blocks. Proud Orgulloso
- Everybody feels frustrated sometimes, like when they can’t do something they want to do or don’t get their way. Frustrated Frustrado
Here are some other ideas of things you can do to make yourself feel better when you are upset:
- Find a quiet place Get a hugTake slow deep breaths by smelling a flower and blowing out a candle
- Do Wall Pushups. Do a Drawing Or, Talk to an Adult What helps you feel better?
|Category: PBIS materials | Added by: Admin (2014-01-14)
| Tags: Our Feelings Book