Community Resources

If you are a parent looking for housing, food, medical, mental health, legal services, experiencing an undesirable situation, or need help applying to different social services and government benefits, contact your Family Worker. They can help you navigate systems and support you during these times. Do you want to look on your own?

    Check the following sites:

  • 211
  • 211 is everyone’s front door to information on more than 7,000 nonprofit, government and faith-based health and social services programs in Oregon and Southwest Washington.

  • Street Roots
  • The Street Roots Rose City Resource is the most comprehensive guide and updated list of services for people experiencing homelessness and poverty in Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties.

  • OregONEligibility
  • Oregon’s updated online system to apply for and manage your medical, food, cash, and childcare benefits on one application. Find out how to access your Eligibility Notices here.

    Other community resources include:

  • Nutrition and wellness: WIC
  • WIC is a public health nutrition program for women, infants and children that help families get healthy foods they need for good growth and development.

  • Reading and educational activities: Multnomah County Library
  • Every Child is a library initiative that encompasses all of the libraries’ early childhood services designed to help prepare children to enter kindergarten ready to learn to read.

  • Early childhood courses: CCR&R
  • Child Care Resource and Referrals (CCR&Rs) are regional entities funded by the Early Learning Division to recruit and retain child care businesses, both home, and center-based, to help build the supply of high-quality child care across Oregon.

  • Other childcare services: Child Care Oregon
  • Find Child Care Oregon helps families locate child care through referrals and provides resources to make informed decisions about child care needs.


“Connecting through parent cafe's, other parents show u different ways of doing things, children are so different, you run out of ideas and need a supportive community. It takes a village, and I found my village”

Slide Green

“My family worker supported me through difficult life challenges and made me know I could handle it, supported me to take action and make necessary changes.”

Slide Green

"There is nervousness about speaking up and fear of not being heard, Head Start empowers and encourages parents to use their voice and praises parents when they speak up, and from that, the nervousness and fear goes away.”

Slide Green

“After teaching my children at home, and watching the teachers online, I started to realize I can do this, I am doing this and I'm doing it well, I now want to pursue a career in education. I find myself doing more reading and research about how to be an effective teacher”. Family Services Monthly check in's “allowed me to reflect out loud that as stressed as I am, I am doing this, I can do this.”

Slide Green

"I was so stressed out (teaching my child at home) and thought my child was stubborn, but then I tried something I saw the teacher do during circle time, and it changed everything, now I can talk to my child and listen to understand. I went from having zero patience to enjoying my child."

previous arrow
next arrow

Adult Education

MHCC is ready to help you reach your goals, whether it is earning your GED®, improving your basic skills, learning or improving your English to enter college or the workplace, or starting your educational endeavors. For more information about the Adult Basic Skills department contact:

Main Gresham campus:

Cecilia Pelayo
503-491-7333 (English)
503-491-7675 (Español)

Maywood Park campus:

Rosalba Fuentes
503-491-6100 (English)
503-491-6102 (Español)

Contact the Academic Advising and Transfer Center to get guidance on class selection, degree requirements identification, and developing your long-term educational plans

Phone: 503-491-7315

Reporting Abuse

If you think someone is being hurt or is in danger, call 911 immediately.

If you suspect a kid or adult is being abused or neglected and want to report on unsafe behavior, contact the Oregon Child Abuse Hotline – 1-855-503-SAFE (7233). Click here for more information on how to report child abuse.